We are continuing to follow the changing guidance regarding the Covid-19 pandemic and the regular reviews of the tier system being used to manage restrictions across the UK.
Our team here at Grain are continuing to follow the government guidance around safe working practices to ensure that we can protect our valued customers and our own staff too. As a utility company, we are able to visit your home for emergencies and installations, if you are comfortable with this. However, it is recognised by our industry body Ofcom that utility companies should prioritise appointments and manage capacity to ensure that we can deal with the most urgent issues first and continue to keep our network operational.
Measures the Grain team are following include:
- We will continue to prioritise urgent appointments, such as a complete loss of service, , but please be mindful that these may take slightly longer than normal as we catch up with the backlog of appointments following recent lockdowns, tier changes and staff who have been impacted.
- We will continue to schedule appointments for non-urgent issues, but please be mindful that these may take slightly longer than normal as we catch up with the backlog of appointments following recent lockdowns, tier changes and staff who have been impacted.
- We will ask customers if they feel comfortable having us in their home – we can attend at a later date if a customer does not wish to have us in their home.
- We will keep in touch with you if your appointment does need to be changed due to a member of our team isolating for example.
- We politely ask that you give us as much notice as you can if you need to cancel your appointment due to isolating.
If an Engineer or Sales representative does visit your home they will:
- Ensure they sanitise their hands regularly
- Maintain an appropriate social distance
- Wear an FFP3 rated mask, safety glasses and any other appropriate PPE
We have outlined below the current status in each of our operational areas and how we will manage appointments. This will be reviewed regularly.
|Scotland||National lockdown from 26 December 2020. Grain will prioritise emergencies and will schedule in other appointments depending on capacity.|
|England||Full national lockdown in place from 5 January 2021. Grain will prioritise emergencies and will schedule in other appointments depending on capacity.|
If you have any questions or concerns about a scheduled appointment, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our customer service team by calling 0330 223 2266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you do bear with us during this difficult time as we work hard to keep everybody connected, and of course safe too.