Working from home? Don’t fall foul to bad broadband.
Since the pandemic, working from home continues to be the norm for many of us, with 8 in 10 people in the UK now ‘hybrid’ working or being fully remote. More often than not, this is a company decision, with 50 of the UK’s biggest employers announcing they’ve got no plans for people to return to the office full time. This may be good news for some, but is your broadband up to the task?
While home working has its perks, bad broadband has taken its toll on over 50% of remote workers when shifting from company office to home office.
Don’t fall foul to lagging video calls and painfully slow downloads, here’s a few things that we recommend if your broadband speeds aren’t up to scratch.
Our top tips for getting the most out of your broadband when working from home:
- Make sure your device isn’t running any unnecessary programmes in the background, which could be eating away at your speeds.
- Use an ethernet cable to hardwire your work computer or laptop. This allows you to connect your device directly to the router for a stronger, uninterrupted connection.
- Try a Total Home wi-fi extender that works with the router to create a wi-fi mesh around the home, strengthening the wi-fi to help overcome any obstacles, such as thick ceilings or walls.
- Keep track of how many smart devices are connected to your broadband, including smart TVs, speakers, doorbells, washing machines and even toothbrushes – all of which can put a strain on your speeds!
- Try a broadband package with equal upload and download speeds. Do you rely on the internet to video call, VoIP call, share files with colleagues or host live-streaming events? Then a fast upload speed is just as important. Sign up to symmetrical speeds, here.
Simply put, if your broadband speeds aren’t cutting it, it’s time for a change!
If you’re falling foul to bad broadband, we’ve got your back. Consider a switch to Grain – we deliver an exclusively Full Fibre service, with a dedicated fibre line to every property, speeds up to 900Mb and equal upload and download, so you can do everything you need to when working from home.
Better yet, our fastest Hyperfast and Gigafast packages come with free Total Home wi-fi extenders, for extra reliability! Enter your postcode to find out if Grain is available at your address or give the team a call on 0330 223 2266.