We are looking for an experienced Desk Sales Manager who is passionate about the interests of our customers and will act as a customer champion within Grain. This role is responsible for the day to day management of our desk based sales team, ensuring their time is used efficiently to hit our sales targets. You will build, train and support your team to ensure excellent sales skills, product knowledge and understanding of the Grain processes to ensure they follow up leads and onboard customers in the best way possible.
We are looking for an organised, passionate and process orientated individual with a track-record of hitting sales targets and selling products to customers over the phone.
Although a full-time role, you will be required to be flexible with your hours and use your time well to meet the needs of our customers. It is likely this role will include weekend work, though we are happy to discuss a work pattern that works for all. This role will also require some travel across the UK, with most of your time being spent in the Carlisle Head Office.
Your core focus will be to manage the day-to-day operations of the office-based sales team, helping to shape and then roll out both the brownfield & greenfield sales strategy across the UK and measure and report back on success. The Desk Sales Managers responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding and delivering Sales targets across various business areas, including new build and existing homes
- Line management of a growing team of desk based sales colleagues, ensuring team efficiency
- Ensure your own and your teams compliance with business systems, processes and procedures
These are only some of the responsibilities involved in the role. Download full job specification here: Desk Sales Manager
Excellent Employee Benefits
- OTE £36,000 – £40,000 per annum
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- Extensive experience of day-to-day management of a sales team
- A background in managing and developing an effective sales team
- Leadership experience in coaching teams to display the right behaviours
- Desire to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Solid analytical mindset with ability to translate and use data
- Experience in training and ongoing support and development of a team
- Flexibility, commitment, strong communication skills and resilience to deal with the requirements of customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Ability to help design and roll out processes and build new systems
- Efficiency and organisational skills
- Detailed experience with CRM systems and Ticketing Systems
- An ability to learn and understand the full range of products and services on offer
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is advantageous but not compulsory
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £75 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!