We are recruiting for the above position in Carlisle, however occasional travel to our Data Centres in various locations across the UK will be required.
The working hours will be 37.5 hour per week, which will be worked Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm. Occasional out of hours work and on-call duty will be required.
Reporting into the Network Director, the Network Manager will be responsible for providing support to our Technical Support team to resolve complex issues and customer faults. You will oversee the deployment of our network equipment as we build our new sites and monitor and manage our current network infrastructure. We are looking for a pro-active, highly motivated individual with the ability to deliver set objectives accurately, and on time. The successful candidate will be able to work autonomously, whilst guiding and supporting their team.
- Supporting the technical support team to ensure they have the knowledge to deal with all customer enquiries
- Develop a culture which clearly outlines expectations for each member of the Network team and encourages personal responsibility and development
- Complete cabinet builds to ensure they are ready for delivery to site
- Collaborate with external suppliers to solve issues
- Ensure all changes to the network are documented and highlighted to the relevant team members
- Leading the improvement of processes within the department to encourage a more streamlined delivery
- Troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating escalations and outcomes
- Provide guidance and mentoring to engineers, supporting the design, implementation and troubleshooting when required
These are only some of the responsibilities involved in the role. Download full job specification here: Network Manager
Excellent Employee Benefits
- Salary dependant on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- Proven experience in an ISP or large Enterprise environment
- Strong leadership capabilities and a willingness to grow the team in line with the business requirements
- Desire to take full ownership of a project – Create, manage, and update the project plans & deliverables.
- Adept and creative skills for solving complex network and security challenges across multiple functions
- Network aptitude. The skill to take a new technology, research it and deploy it live in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- In-depth troubleshooting at the LAN and WAN levels.
- Ability to interpret packet captures
- Experience in documentation of technical issues.
These are only some of the experience required for the role. Download full job specification here: Network Manager
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £130 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!
Employment with Grain Connect Ltd is subject to satisfactory references and other verification checks (including a basic DBS check, where applicable) that may be a requirement of your role. References and/or other verification requirements applicable to your post will be advised to you during the recruitment process.