Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
We are recruiting for the above position in Carlisle, based out of our Head Office.
The working hours will be 37.5 hour per week, which will be worked Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm.
With ambitious growth plans, Grain Connect is going from strength to strength and we now require a Procurement Manager based at our Head Office, Carlisle. The post holder will be responsible for the procurement and contract management of Grain’s products and services from vehicles and equipment through to network electronics and civils. To be successful in this role you should have strong experience in procurement and contracts, a hands-on approach and possess the ability to lead on sourcing activities and contractual negotiations across a broad range of categories.
- Lead on sourcing activities including identifying and qualifying new suppliers, constructing ITTs, RFPs
and tender adjudication and presentation of responses
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers ensuring contractual terms are fit for purpose and
provide the necessary contractual cover for the Business
- Lead on negotiating whole life cost improvements within the supply chain and identify and qualify
new sources of supply for broader benefits
- Creating and presenting both cost models and tender evaluation models
- Establish supplier performance KPIs and manage in life performance and identify opportunities for
cost and performance improvement
- Develop risk mitigation for higher risk suppliers and products
- Ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time and manage queries and implement local
stock manage controls pending system implementation
- Implement local catalogue for growing external spend ensuring continuity of supply
Excellent Employee Benefits
- Salary negotiable, dependant on knowledge and experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- MCIPS or equivalent professional procurement qualification or BA or BS degree or other advanced degree in business administration, economics, purchasing or equivalent
- Five years’ experience in procurement and/or supply chain roles
- Knowledge of telecommunications and/or technology industries is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of contracts and terms and conditions
- Ability to work unsupervised in a rapidly growing organisation and respond quickly to requirements, prioritising effectively
- High working level of excel and PowerPoint with an ability to create cost models
- Analytical with good communication skills and attention to details and the ability to work across the organisation
- Close working with Finance and Operations is essential
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £75 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!