With ambitious growth plans, Grain Connect is going from strength to strength. As a result, we are now recruiting a Supply Chain Manager, based at our Head Office in Carlisle. The successful candidate will be responsible for the stock management of all the Grain products, from vehicles and equipment to network electronics and civils. To be successful in this role you should have strong experience in inventory management and stock control and possess the ability to write and implement effective stock management processes and implement new systems where required.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week at the Grain Head Office in Carlisle. Working hours are Monday to Friday, from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time
- Be the lead for organisation stock queries
- Create and implement a local stock management system, pending design and implementation of automated solutions (e.g., ERP system)
- Implement ERP system for supply chain
- Agree MOQs, trigger levels and tracking of all stock items, expediting deliveries with suppliers
- Work closely with purchasing to ensure stock is replenished
- Catalogue and control the issuing and receipting of stock, including Vendor Direct Ship models
- Where required, inspect third party contractor stock management systems, controls and materials held at their sites
- Work with Contract Managers to effectively control the issue, receipt, and use of stock to minimise shrinkage
- Optimise the use of third-party couriers, ensuring good value for money and high service levels
- Work with the warehouse to set priorities and lead the monthly stock takes
- Lead trend reporting and KPI measures on stock and share with Finance and Operations
Excellent Employee Benefits
- Salary up to £40,000 per annum, dependant on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- Knowledge of telecommunications materials and equipment desirable
- Ability to work unsupervised in a rapidly growing organisation and respond quickly to requirements, and prioritising effectively
- Experience in business management, supply chain (e.g., IoSCM or MCIPS qualification preferable)
- High working level of excel with an ability to create complex models
- Five years of experience in inventory management / materials planning in a relevant Industry
- Working knowledge of contracts and terms and conditions
- Analytical, with good communication skills and the ability to work across the organisation
- Experience working closely with Finance and Operations is essential
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £75 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!