Reporting to the Contract Manager, the Civils Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all civils/fibre construction activities. You will ensure that Grain Connects supply chain partners are carrying out site operations on time, to specific specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and within permit timeframes and conditions.
We are looking for an individual with extensive experience in Telecoms or Utilities working in a Civils Supervisor position or similar. With high attention to detail, you will be a pro-active team member, exceptionally organised and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, external organisations, and the public.
- Coach and support the build partners, ensuring any ‘blockers’ to the plan are highlighted and escalated effectively.
- Conduct site audits across all deployed gangs
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks to the Contracts Manager.
- Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project requirements.
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities, and other Utilities companies on behalf of the group to coordinate works when required.
- Ensure contractors have site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place daily.
- Ensure all permits are submitted in good time and closed in good time.
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that our network construction activities may have caused.
- Deputise for the Contracts Manager at Local Authority Highways/Roads and Contractor meetings.
Excellent Employee Benefits
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- Managing FTTP/FTTH Civils and fibre works
- An understanding of method statements and risk assessments
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) supervisors’ ticket in date
- A full driving licence.
- IOSH managing safety or SMSTS/SSSTS.
- Knowledge of the permitting systems in use.
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £75 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!
Employment with Grain Connect Ltd is subject to satisfactory references and other verification checks (including a basic DBS check, where applicable) that may be a requirement of your role. References and/or other verification requirements applicable to your post will be advised to you during the recruitment process.