Fibre Engineer – Birmingham
We are recruiting for the above position in the Birmingham.
Reporting to the Field Manager you will install, connect, and test optical fibre cable across the Grain Connect network. Projects are diverse, and the ideal candidate would have extensive experience with Fibre Network Builds (FTTP/FTTH) including building joints, nodes, splicing, customer installations and everything in between.
- Installing fibre optic cabling in underground ducting
- Building joints
- Installing fibre termination/customers routers
- Termination and splicing of fibre optic cables
- Power and OTDR testing
- Fault finding
- Installation and commissioning of active equipment
- Reporting progress daily via in house systems
- Some overnight stays required depending on workload
- Managing vehicle Stock Levels
- Adhering to safe working practices
Excellent Employee Benefits
- Salary of £34,000 per annum (up to £36,000 in London area)
- Company van, fuel card, laptop and phone
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- Worked with project managers to complete network build & installations to specific deadlines.
- Completed inspections to ascertain whether anything is preventing a successful installation.
- Worked with design schematics, duct diagrams and works instructions.
- Worked in an underground duct network.
- Prepared different types of cable sheathing systems and accessories for the jointing
- Have a minimum of 2-year experience of fibre splicing and joint building
- Hold a current trade card (ECS/CSCS/EUSR)
- Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) ticket highly desirable; and
- B + E trailer licence desirable.
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £75 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!
Employment with Grain Connect Ltd is subject to satisfactory references and other verification checks (including a basic DBS check, where applicable) that may be a requirement of your role. References and/or other verification requirements applicable to your post will be advised to you during the recruitment process.