The primary aim of the IT Graduate will be to take ownership of our data, internal processes and business analytics. You’ll work across all parts of the business helping us automate and evaluate and analyse key data that will be used to shape the future of our business and ensure we deliver an outstanding service.
We are committed to developing our business in the Cloud, and we will use the right tools to develop at pace. We are committed to your career development and broadening your skills in technology. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and be prepared to grow with our business whilst upskilling themselves on the technologies that we use.
- To work closely with the team to understand their needs and scope the solution necessary to inform their decisions and have the ability to explain technical detail
- Effectively evaluate and analyse data across the business
- Ensure that company data is recorded accurately and correctly
- Strong structured business systems analysis, data modelling and design skills
- Design and document business processes from flowcharts to simple user instruction guides
- Code, build and test small serverless or no-code applications to automate tasks
Excellent Employee Benefits
- Salary of up to £25,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- You will hold an IT related degree
- Problem-solving and technical skills to get to the heart of issues
- Investigate complex problems and develop solutions which combine business ideas and technology
- Experience of software development whether in business or as a hobby
- Happy to work in ‘Virtual teams’ cross functions & geographies
- Ability to think critically, consider the benefits and limitations to different solutions.
- A strong interest in data and developing Business intelligence.
- Business analysis with ability to document and improve existing processes and demonstrate that you can work with customers to gather requirements
- Working knowledge of database design and management
- Time management, efficient and well organised, your own project manager
- Critical thinker and a strong attention to detail
- Serverless/No-code applications, including AWS Lambda, Bubble.io or Zapier (not required)
- CRM platforms – I.e. Infusionsoft CRM, Hubspot, Zendesk, Salesforce, etc. (not required)
- Microsoft reporting technologies, including Power BI or Power Apps (not required)
- Data processing and modelling tools, including R/PowerQuery SQL (not required)
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £75 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!