Reporting to the Network Manager, your key purpose will be to support the network manager. This includes build, configuring and testing our street cabinets. Remote provision of our new cabinets along with monitoring and maintain both our live fibre access network and our ISP network. You will work with the Networks team as well as with field teams rolling out new infrastructure and maintaining the existing.
- Connecting up our new sites & customers to our network including testing of new connectivity.
- Help build, configure, test & innovate our street cabinets
- Keeping all network documentation and configuration data up to date and accurate.
- You’ll proactively monitor the network to ensure events are captured and resolved before they become an incident, whilst in the event of a major service outage, liaise with all relevant departments to undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
- Provide technical updates on incidents and to other members of the service desk team and senior management.
- Ability to remote diagnose network alarms and incidents in order to maintain KPI’s
- Ability head to a site to investigate and diagnose complex issues.
- Take ownership of departmental projects
Click here to see the full list of responsibilities – Network Engineer
Excellent Employee Benefits
- Dependant on experience
- Laptop and phone
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- Up to 7% pension contribution
- 4 times salary life insurance cover
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Perks at Work Scheme
- Proven experience in an ISP or large Enterprise environment
- A solid background in routing & Switching
- Adept and creative skills for solving complex network and security challenges across multiple functions
- In-depth troubleshooting at the LAN and WAN levels.
- Experience in documentation of technical issues.
- Ability to understand IP network designs
- Practical knowledge of BGP, OSPF, ISIS, CGNAT, IPV4, IPV6 & VOIP
- Knowledge of multiple network technologies IP, Ethernet, Switching, QinQ, VPLS, VPN, MPLS and Firewalls security practices
- Arista/Cisco/Mikrotik experience – CCIE or equivalent qualification or relevant experience.
- Experience using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as LibreNMS
- Service provider background (Desirable)
- Driving licence required.
Grain is a fast-growing national broadband provider, headquartered in Carlisle, with a range of opportunities across the UK. Unlike some providers, Grain builds their own dedicated fibre optic network with a unique cable to the home (FTTP), delivering some of the fastest broadband products and helping bring digital transformation to the UK.
Having recently announced a £130 million investment, now is the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing companies in an exciting industry – apply today!
Employment with Grain Connect Ltd is subject to satisfactory references and other verification checks (including a basic DBS check, where applicable) that may be a requirement of your role. References and/or other verification requirements applicable to your post will be advised to you during the recruitment process.